Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One week to go?

I have shared with you and stood firm on God's word to me that He would bring Ty home around Christmas.  Well, here we are, one week before Christmas and no baby...not even a hint of a baby.  At times I feel like Noah - standing on the corner proclaiming this absurd promise from the Lord.  Some days I am confident and hopeful, other days I am full of doubt.  Either way, my God is faithful, He is trustworthy and He is good.  So many of you have been sweet to ask how things are going, but the truth is there's nothing new to share.  Today we are still waiting to be matched with Ty's birthmother.


Should Christmas come and go next week with no sign of a baby, what does that mean?  I don't know.  I wish I had the answers.  Maybe I heard Him wrong.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Maybe His timing is still different.  Maybe we keep waiting.  The one thing I do know is that my God doesn't need me to defend Him.  I am human and I will do my best in hearing Him, loving Him and serving Him.  So today, we continue to wait...hopeful to bring home our sweet baby boy in time for Christmas.  Thank you for your continued prayers.



Related posts:
10/11/12 - Bread crumbs while we wait
9/23/12 - A bump in the road
7/10/12 - Save the adoption credit
6/29/12 - Bezi's Grand Opening
6/22/12 - We're over the first hump
5/21/12 - Out of the mouths of babes
5/13/12 - A far away dream comes near

1 comment:

  1. This is so good to read, sweet Carey! I have been thinking of your family lots and thinking about Ty!! I am standing with you and excited for you! I'm proud of you for having faith in your Master-regardless of how absurd or ridiculous it feels! He is faithful! And it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete