Monday, May 21, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes

Last night I was cleaning the kitchen before bed and had some rare alone time.  I used it to launch into prayer for friends and family and eventually our adoption.  The prayers came freely for our baby boy, his birth mother and the entire adoption process.  The mountains in front of us just seem so big sometimes.  There's the paperwork and the waiting, the fundraising, actually finding this sweet baby, possible health concerns at birth, bringing home a new baby, the adjustment for my other two kids, and the support or lack there of from our family.  In the end, I begged Abba for another sign of confirmation.  I just needed to be reassured that we are on the right path.  This is a life altering decision that will forever effect our little family, our extended family, and our generations to come.  I don't want to be anywhere but right in step with Him. 

Toby and I have not shared anything with Haley about the adoption.  Being only 3 years old, there's so much she won't understand.  There will be lots of waiting, likely some disappointment, and of course the never ending questions.  So we haven't discussed it with her at all and I guess we thought we'd wait until we were further along in the process before bringing her on board.  Well, Abba beat me to it. 

This morning as I was changing Jake's diaper after his morning nap, Haley came into his room carrying two naked baby dolls.  She handed one to Jake and the other to me and she said, "This baby's for you cause you're going to have another baby."  I froze.  I looked at her and said, "What did you just say, sweetie?"  She repeated herself, "You're going to have another baby."  Not believing what I was hearing I asked, "What do you mean by that?"  She was totally confident in her answer, "Jesus loves you.  He's going to give you another baby."  I sat there stunned.  I'd call that "confirmation."  So I shared a little about the road we are starting on.  I asked her how she felt about have two baby brothers and she immediately got excited.  She is the absolute best big sister to Jake and I know she will be to this new baby as well.

By the way, I had a physical done three days ago as part of the adoption process.  My doctor ran a pregnancy test just to be sure...it was negative. 

Thank you, Jesus, for my confirmation.  Thank you for reminding me that You are in control of all things, that you hear me when I call to You, and You love me enough to answer the hard questions in my soul in a way that I cannot mistake.  I know that You will walk us through every, single step of this season.  The ones that will take us through valleys and the ones that will take us to mountain tops.  You will be there, right in front of us, leading the way and we will give You ALL glory for each and every step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment