Monday, October 11, 2010

Bargain shopping

About 18 months ago I saw a story on the Today Show about a coupon mom who bought $100 worth of groceries, but after the store's sales and coupons she only paid $0.25. Being strapped with one income and two mortgage payments, I was blown away and totally excited about this new world, so I started doing some research and taking classes from the "pros." Soon I cut our grocery bill down to about $70 a week, including toilet paper, paper towels, toiletries and the like.

Well, once we started the count down to move back to Alabama we started eating through our stockpile of groceries and I slowly stopped buying groceries and cutting coupons. Now that things are starting to settle down here in Mobile, I've decided to pick back up the game. It really is a game, you know? Today I made my first trip back out in the field and landed some great deals! I have to thank Frances at Frugal Fairhope for all of her research...don't worry you guys outside of south Alabama, her tips are good nationwide.
Today's Walgreen's finds
Regular price $71.79, I paid $20.80, Savings $50.99 (that's 71%, baby!)

I scored 10 2L drinks...just in time for our big neighborhood cookout next weekend. You know, having been told to invite the whole neighborhood makes for tricky planning, but I think this is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment